I was so excited to make these little morsels of goodness for my husband. I prepped everything, froze them and after dipping them into chocolate I asked him if he'd like one. His reply was that he's not a fan of frozen bananas. What!!! We've been together for 12 years and I'm just now discovering this about him! Not only was I in complete shock over this new discovery but I wondered what I was going to do with all these frozen bananas.
Fingers crossed my girls accept these chocolate covered bananas as a healthy dessert tonight :) Either way, they were really easy to make, cheap and a nice healthy alternative if you're wanting something sweet and salty.
Each bit comes to about 50 calories depending upon the type of peanut butter and chocolate you use.
- 2 large bananas
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice (I used freshly ground peanut butter-no salt)
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate of choice (I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao)
- Slice bananas into slices about ¼-1/2 inch thick.
- Spread a little nut butter onto a slice and sandwich two slices together.
- Place on a Slipmat or wax paper on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid, at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate and remove frozen banana bites from freezer.
- Dip each banana bite in chocolate and place back on Slipmat or wax paper. Freeze for another hour.
- Transfer and keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks